DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   mAh power consumption (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/205172-mah-power-consumption.html)

[email protected] June 30th 07 12:42 PM

mAh power consumption

Hi,
need a little help with some math, If I have an impossibly perfect
battery that provides a constant voltage right up untill it dies and
the battery for example is 3500mAh, how long would the battery power
say a 20mA led ?

Would it be, 3500 / 20 = 175 hours ?

Sorry if the post seems a bit to simple... Just need to be sure about
it.

Thanks for your help.

CSNut

John Fields June 30th 07 03:24 PM

mAh power consumption

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 04:42:13 -0700, wrote:

Hi,
need a little help with some math, If I have an impossibly perfect
battery that provides a constant voltage right up untill it dies and
the battery for example is 3500mAh, how long would the battery power
say a 20mA led ?

Would it be, 3500 / 20 = 175 hours ?

---
Yes
---

Sorry if the post seems a bit to simple... Just need to be sure about
it.

Thanks for your help.

---
You're welcome.

if you have a perfect device which can supply 3500mAH and a perfect
load which draws a constant 20mA, then:

3500 milliamperes * hours
Time = --------------------------
20 milliamperes

The milliamperes will cancel out, and you'll be left with:

3500 * hours
Time = -------------- = 150 hours
20

--
JF

John Fields July 1st 07 11:17 AM

mAh power consumption

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:24:53 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

[...]

Aarghhh!!! 175 hours.

--
JF