DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Shorted backlight inverter :( (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/188592-shorted-backlight-inverter.html)

Coyoteboy January 9th 07 03:35 PM

Shorted backlight inverter :(

I managed to short my backlight inverter the other day :( Most annoyed, and
serves me right for fiddling half-heartedly, but its lucky the laptop is
cheap. I can buy a new inverter board for it but its more expensive than a
new ebay cheap laptop so i was wondering whats the most likely to die first
when a one leg of the high voltage side decided to detach itself and short
(with nice purple sparks!) against the other? I can still read the screen
with a torch behind it but thats not really practical :)

All i can see upstream of the coil is a surface mount object with nothing
but C4 written next to it. Nothing looks cooked and nothing released magic
smoke.

Any pointers?

James