Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.biology,alt.electronics,sci.bio.microbiology,sci.physics

Default Quantum Leap Discoveries

I agree with Bob and N10. Being able to create recombinant DNA is a
major quantum leap.

To that, however, I would add DNA sequencing. Because of this, we've
been able to sequence the human genome and hundreds of other species.
Now, with automated sequencing, we're able to sequence entire genomes
(like bacteria) in around a month. That's an incredible feat. And
having all this genetic info at our fingertips has really brought about
great advances not only in molecular biology, but in biology in
general.

From a non-biological point of view, I think the biggest quantum leap

of our time is the invention of the Internet. Anything I could ever
want to know is a keystroke or mouse-click away. Instead of spending
countless hours in a library looking up papers, I can find everything
relevant to my topic in about 2 seconds. I think that's revolutionary.

--Alex

Alex B. Berezow, Grad Student
Dept. of Microbiology
University of Washington School of Medicine
Seattle, WA 98195

Posted to alt.biology,alt.electronics,sci.bio.microbiology,sci.physics

But the one paper you _really_ need is not available.

bob

LOL!! Been there.....many times, actually.

--Alex