DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   split rail ps from 12v car battery? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/173357-re-split-rail-ps-12v-car-battery.html)

jasen August 22nd 06 07:47 AM

split rail ps from 12v car battery?

On 2006-08-21, zap wrote:
Can someone show me a simple circuit for deriving a +/-12v split rail
power supply from a car battery. Thank you.

yes but it won't help. how much current do you need, how much regulation?

--

Bye.
Jasen

rolfer August 28th 06 12:01 PM

split rail ps from 12v car battery?

I would suggest you just buy an Isolated DC-DC converter, and use this
as as the negative supply. (If that makes sense.)

These devices are available at most electronic shops.

On 2006-08-21, zap wrote:
Can someone show me a simple circuit for deriving a +/-12v split rail
power supply from a car battery. Thank you.

yes but it won't help. how much current do you need, how much regulation?

I'm not sure, 250ma? It's for a Forsell 990 op amp used in a servo (BB
604) microphone preamp. I thought I would try and supply 48vdc phantom
power by stringing 5, 9v batteries together and use a Panasonic 2.2AH
12vdc battery for the op amps but I need to derive +/- rails. I'm not
sure how critical regulation is. Thanks for your time.