DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   rubberized keypad repair (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/168745-rubberized-keypad-repair.html)

Insight July 10th 06 04:55 PM

rubberized keypad repair

I have an old pro 43 scanner that has been haveing issues with 2 keys. I
cleaned the keypad but no help. I think it needs replaced but tandy no
longer carries the part. Is there a paint that can recoat the contacts and
restore use?

thanks Jim

Tim July 11th 06 02:49 AM

rubberized keypad repair

Insight wrote:
I have an old pro 43 scanner that has been haveing issues with 2 keys. I
cleaned the keypad but no help. I think it needs replaced but tandy no
longer carries the part. Is there a paint that can recoat the contacts and
restore use?

thanks Jim

You could try the Radio Shack Circuit Writer pen or an automotive window
defrost repair kit.

Dani July 15th 06 12:08 PM

rubberized keypad repair

Scrape tiny filings from a pencil lead, & pencil it into the conductive
surface of the touchpad, or use tiny pieces of foil tape with a sticky
side. Like the tape used to do ductwork. Dani.