DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Solder Resist PCB Production (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/146648-solder-resist-pcb-production.html)

Richard Harris February 27th 06 04:37 PM

Solder Resist PCB Production

Hi,
have a strange question. I can produce very high quality and dense pcb's
using photo resist boards and a 1200dpi printer. But really i need to solder
resist coat the board. Also I have to do this on a budget, the problem is
how to get the solder resist on the board and cheap. It will require very
precise positioning, the only thing I have came up with is modifing a ink
jet printer, but even if I can do that im not sure if a solder resist paint
will go though an inkjet cartridge as its most likely to think.

Any one have any sudgestions about this problem?

And no I cant paint the stuff on with a paint brush :)

Thanks.

Alexander February 27th 06 04:50 PM

Solder Resist PCB Production

"Richard Harris" schreef in bericht
Hi,
have a strange question. I can produce very high quality and dense pcb's
using photo resist boards and a 1200dpi printer. But really i need to
solder
resist coat the board. Also I have to do this on a budget, the problem is
how to get the solder resist on the board and cheap. It will require very
precise positioning, the only thing I have came up with is modifing a ink
jet printer, but even if I can do that im not sure if a solder resist
paint
will go though an inkjet cartridge as its most likely to think.

Any one have any sudgestions about this problem?

And no I cant paint the stuff on with a paint brush :)

Thanks.

Isn't there a photographic way to do this.
Full board with solderresist, then a layer of photoresist.
Print, remove part of the photoresist. Then with the right solution remove
the solderesist.
Finally remove the remaining photoresist.

Alexander

JeffM February 27th 06 10:14 PM

Solder Resist PCB Production

I can produce very high quality and dense pcb's
... i need to solder resist coat the board....
how [do I] get the solder resist on the board and cheap.
...[I'm] not sure if a solder resist paint
will go though an inkjet cartridge
Richard Harris

You remind me of the guy who,
when asked why he was hitting himself on the head with a hammer,
said "Because it feels so good when I stop".
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...-*+pre-drilled

A little Googling turned up this:
http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...+zzz+permanent

and this
http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...der-Resist-ink
..
..
You may also have a distorted view of *cheap*:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.basics/browse_frm/thread/7c61bcd3d5a049da/b5eb7dbf94547629?q=small-batch+under-$100+zzz+50-Euro-*-*+USD-5-sq-in+3-boards-for-$51-total+5-pcbs-$13-each+browse_frm