DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   GALS and PALS (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/133948-gals-pals.html)

Chasse December 3rd 05 08:21 AM

GALS and PALS

Can anyone tell me and its more just out of interest at the moment.

I asked previously..

Onece a GAL has been programmed can it be duplicated ?

Or is what has been suggested to me about the chip self destructing by tying
data lines to 5v correct.

And I have a GAL and a PAL on two copies of the same electronic item I
understand that the GAL may be protected but can the PAL be copied ?

Just Curious.

chasseco@par adise dot net dot nz

You know the drill its an anti spam thing and yes the space must go

JeffM December 4th 05 12:22 AM

GALS and PALS

[Once] a GAL has been programmed can it be duplicated ?
Chasse (chasseco @ par adise dot net dot nz)

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.basics/browse_frm/thread/7292e6fefbb153f6/7ba07e024f437f89?q=pictures-*-*-*-*-of-the-fuse-field+MEFAS-*+they-*-jumper-the-security-fuse+$175+zzz+*-*-seen-what-it-does+write-your-own-functional-equivalent+decap-the-IC

Brian Gregory [UK] December 12th 05 11:19 PM

GALS and PALS

There is almost always an option to either protect or leave accessible the
programming information after the device (PAL or GAL) is programmed.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.