DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Simple Battery question ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/132414-simple-battery-question.html)

Ian November 22nd 05 10:03 PM

Simple Battery question ?

Hi group a VERY simple question for you ... (Hopefully)

I've got a Headlight which I use for fishing. It uses a
6Volt 4ah Sealed Lead Acid battery. My queation is
can replace the battery with a SLA of a 6v 4.2ah.
My limited understanding of this is that the "ah" is the
amount of charge it holds and for how long...and maybe it
has little effect of compatability as long as its a 6VOLT battery.

Is this correct ?

Cheers

Ian

Dan Hollands November 23rd 05 12:38 AM

Simple Battery question ?

As long as the battery supplies enough voltage to power the lamp it will be
ok

You are correct ah is amphour and is an indication as to how much energy is
stored in the battery

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

www.QuickScoreRace.com

Jasen Betts November 25th 05 11:02 AM

Simple Battery question ?

On 2005-11-22, Ian ian wrote:
Hi group a VERY simple question for you ... (Hopefully)

I've got a Headlight which I use for fishing. It uses a
6Volt 4ah Sealed Lead Acid battery. My queation is
can replace the battery with a SLA of a 6v 4.2ah.

yes, definately.

My limited understanding of this is that the "ah" is the
amount of charge it holds and for how long...and maybe it
has little effect of compatability as long as its a 6VOLT battery.
Is this correct ?

yes, pretty much.

In rating batteries there's also cold cranking current,
but that won't be an issue in this application.

Bye.
Jasen

Ian November 25th 05 05:19 PM

Simple Battery question ?

Cheers Dan .. all sorted and working a treat ((o: