DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   New project (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/128103-new-project.html)

Justice November 6th 05 08:37 AM

New project

I am planing a projetct to manage a fish tank. I want to mesure the ph,
temp, nitrate, nitrite and amonia levels. my question is where would I
find such sensors and how would I conect them to a pc running linux.
Any help would be apeciated.
TIA

John Fields November 6th 05 06:35 PM

New project

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 08:37:50 GMT, Justice
wrote:

I am planing a projetct to manage a fish tank. I want to mesure the ph,
temp, nitrate, nitrite and amonia levels. my question is where would I
find such sensors and how would I conect them to a pc running linux.
Any help would be apeciated.

---
http://electrodesdirect.com/section_...y_id/16/type/4

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

JeffM November 6th 05 08:02 PM

New project

I want to mesure the ph, temp, nitrate, nitrite and amonia levels.
where would I find such sensors
Justice

Great link from Fields.
..
..
and how would I conect them to a pc running linux.

What you need is called a Data Acquisition Card.
It plugs into your PC's Expansion Bus.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Data-...gle-com-search