DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   PCI to ISA card (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/105375-pci-isa-card.html)

Fla May 6th 05 10:34 AM

PCI to ISA card

I was looking for a PCI to ISA card in order to re-use an ISA card with
PCI connector of modern PC. I found costronic.com solutions.
Do you know further solutions?

Thanks in advance

Keith Williams May 6th 05 02:32 PM

In article .com,
says...
I was looking for a PCI to ISA card in order to re-use an ISA card with
PCI connector of modern PC. I found costronic.com solutions.
Do you know further solutions?

A search on "pci to isa" + card turns up a few hits. PLX has an RDK
for the 9050 PCI to ISA bridge, but I suspect it's pricey.

http://www-corot.obspm.fr/COROT-ETC/Files/rdkmanver1.2_
98doc.PDF#search='PCI%209050RDK'

--
Keith

[email protected] May 9th 05 12:39 AM

It isn't easy to do, since the PCI technology is totally different from
the comparatively simple ISA bus.

Your best bet will be to locate an adapter card, or a motherboard
having both PCI and ISA slots.

Harry C.

keith May 9th 05 04:16 AM

On Sun, 08 May 2005 16:39:55 -0700, hhc314 wrote:

It isn't easy to do, since the PCI technology is totally different from
the comparatively simple ISA bus.

Your best bet will be to locate an adapter card, or a motherboard
having both PCI and ISA slots.

Actually, it's not hard to do at all, unless the ISA card is a bus master
(_very_ few were). Many devices use the PLX9050 PCI to ISA bridge to do
exactly this.

--
Keith

Fla May 11th 05 07:45 AM

keith ha scritto:
On Sun, 08 May 2005 16:39:55 -0700, hhc314 wrote:

It isn't easy to do, since the PCI technology is totally different

from
the comparatively simple ISA bus.

Your best bet will be to locate an adapter card, or a motherboard
having both PCI and ISA slots.

Actually, it's not hard to do at all, unless the ISA card is a bus

master
(_very_ few were). Many devices use the PLX9050 PCI to ISA bridge to

do
exactly this.

--
Keith

Thank you all for the replies.
I decided to use a development kit like PLX one (PCI 9052RDK-LITE, the
upgraded version of PLX9050) for my purpose, so I'm looking for a
development environment like that, for migrating ISA card to PCI
connector.

Best regards