Electronics (alt.electronics)

DJboutit

Default Transmitter & Antenna setup in a silo

I am planing on putting a antenna & transmitter in a 80ft silo that is
concrete & meat without any power. I need to get power to the transmitter,
it would be to far to run a power coard that is out. The idea I had was use
two solar panels or wind power. What do guy think I should do to get power
to the transmitter that would be kinda easy to setup.

loedown

Consider your current drain, then consider solar vs wind power

solar, low current supply, relies on light, doesn't work well at night

wind, higher current supply, relies on wind, works day or night

cover all options, go for wind and solar, into batteries and bob's your
auntie

Paul

Rich Grise

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 01:18:14 +0000, DJboutit wrote:

I am planing on putting a antenna & transmitter in a 80ft silo that is
concrete & meat without any power....

Meat???? How do you make a silo out of concrete and meat?

Thanks,
Rich

DJboutit

Should be metal but you should already know that.

Art

? Almost every silo I have had the pleasure of serviceing, cleaning,
that the power at the location is not accessable to run a bit of cabling to
your location?
Personally I like the Wind Turbine and battery idea [plus necesary power
conditioning hardware], if you have a place to secure the mechanism,
otherwise resort to a nice large solar array, battery banks, and
appropiate power conditioning hardware. Either way, IMPO, it would be much
nicer to use an available source.

"DJboutit" wrote in message
Should be metal but you should already know that.

Glen B

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 01:18:14 GMT, "DJboutit"
decreased the available storage
space of our news server by typing the following:

What about a DC injection system? You can run signal and
12V/9V power from an injector at ground level and pass it up
a hard coax to the amplifier on/next to the antenna. There
are DC injection systems for all kinds of RF sources. What
frequency do you plan on using and how much wattage?

Glen

I am planing on putting a antenna & transmitter in a 80ft silo that is
concrete & meat without any power. I need to get power to the transmitter,
it would be to far to run a power coard that is out. The idea I had was use
two solar panels or wind power. What do guy think I should do to get power
to the transmitter that would be kinda easy to setup.

DJboutit

HF running 80w to 150w