DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Schottkey flyback diode for motor advice please. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/103060-schottkey-flyback-diode-motor-advice-please.html)

[email protected] April 17th 05 11:30 PM

Schottkey flyback diode for motor advice please.

I will soon wire up a 36 Volt 80 Amp permanent magnet DC motor to be
run at 48 VDC. It will be used in a homebuilt trike.

I am looking for a flyback diode that will take the full current during

slowdown when the power is turned off by a contactor (no PWM).

I would appreciate knowing whether to use a single diode, series
diodes, a Schottky, a series resistor, etc.

What is the most cost effective solution?

Boyntonstu