DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   B&K 290 VOM calibrate procedure needed. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/96858-b-k-290-vom-calibrate-procedure-needed.html)

JOHN D March 28th 05 07:16 AM

B&K 290 VOM calibrate procedure needed.

My B&K 290 meter reads low on ac & dc volts.Can anyone share the calibration
procedure?
Resistance is close but a large rezero adj is needed when switching between
low & high power resistance
It has the following pots
+ and - DC Cal
AC cal
Bias adj and Bal Adj (I have no idea about these)
One unlabled pot mounted on the range switch.
John

NSM March 28th 05 08:22 AM

"JOHN D" wrote in message
My B&K 290 meter reads low on ac & dc volts.Can anyone share the

calibration
procedure?
Resistance is close but a large rezero adj is needed when switching

between
low & high power resistance
It has the following pots
+ and - DC Cal
AC cal
Bias adj and Bal Adj (I have no idea about these)
One unlabled pot mounted on the range switch.
John

Just a guess, but Bias = zero adjust, Bal = Neg/Pos equality.