DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   nikon VN-840 need sony equivalent (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/96857-nikon-vn-840-need-sony-equivalent.html)

Ryan Underwood March 28th 05 06:26 AM

nikon VN-840 need sony equivalent

Hi,

I have this 8mm camcorder Nikon VN-840 which needs caps done. It is using
a sony board set, but I don't know which one it is so I don't know which
cap kit to order. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Ryan Underwood March 29th 05 01:39 AM

I have this 8mm camcorder Nikon VN-840 which needs caps done. It is
using a sony board set, but I don't know which one it is so I don't know
which cap kit to order. Can anyone help?

CV-8 is marked on the video board if that helps.

Stephen Sank March 29th 05 06:08 AM

If you shoot me over a picture of it, I'm sure I can ID it. By distant memory, I'm thinking
somewhere around a CCD-F70, but I'm sure I can nail it 100% if I see it.

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
.. .

Ryan Underwood March 30th 05 06:33 PM

Stephen was extremely helpful in deducing from pictures of the pcb and
camera shell that this VN-840 is equivalent to a CCD-F45. This is a low
end camera, but since I don't see any leaked capacitors that would make a
mess of the PCB, and this unit has been reliable for many years, I'm going
to go ahead and try to replace them all. The suggestion is to use only
Nichicon SMD caps because the other manufacturers such as E*** and Ru*****
have quality issues, and the pre-sorted cap kits for these cameras usually
use such low end parts.

I'll let you all know how it goes...