DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HD6321P IC (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/96526-hd6321p-ic.html)

[email protected] March 25th 05 04:47 PM

HD6321P IC

I'm looking for this IC to repair an Exacto-Weigh scale controller. I
have not found a place that will sell 1 of them to me, they all have
huge minimums and for a $5 part way too much to buy.

Does anybody know a place I can get it?

Michael A. Terrell March 26th 05 12:41 AM

wrote:

I'm looking for this IC to repair an Exacto-Weigh scale controller. I
have not found a place that will sell 1 of them to me, they all have
huge minimums and for a $5 part way too much to buy.

Does anybody know a place I can get it?

Is this a 40 pin Hitachi chip? If so it is probably a second source
Motorola 6821. This are still available from several dealers and used
ones show up on old computer boards.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Michael Black March 26th 05 03:28 AM

"Michael A. Terrell" ) writes:
wrote:

I'm looking for this IC to repair an Exacto-Weigh scale controller. I
have not found a place that will sell 1 of them to me, they all have
huge minimums and for a $5 part way too much to buy.

Does anybody know a place I can get it?

Is this a 40 pin Hitachi chip? If so it is probably a second source
Motorola 6821. This are still available from several dealers and used
ones show up on old computer boards.

Just as a second opinion, that would be my guess based on the part number.
The "HD" is what Hitachi used, and they did have Motorola originated
ICs in their catalog, and for reasons unknown they changed the "8" to
a "3" for their part numbers in the 68XX line.

Michael

[email protected] March 26th 05 02:40 PM

Interesting, it is a Hitachi 40 pin PIA chip and maybe the Motorolla
part might be easier to source. I have yet to find some place willing
to see just one.

ianto March 26th 05 04:54 PM

On 26 Mar 2005 06:40:12 -0800, wrote:

Interesting, it is a Hitachi 40 pin PIA chip and maybe the Motorolla
part might be easier to source. I have yet to find some place willing
to see just one.

A substitute for the MC6821 is made by NTE, part number NTE6821. Check
their web site for a distributor in your area.

http://www.nteinc.com/

Mike Capel

capel AT mb DOT sympatico DOT ca

Michael A. Terrell March 26th 05 06:57 PM

wrote:

Interesting, it is a Hitachi 40 pin PIA chip and maybe the Motorola
part might be easier to source. I have yet to find some place willing
to sell just one.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...tegoryId=10951
and enter 6821

$3.95 This are pulls, but it is an obsolete part.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Michael Black March 26th 05 07:45 PM

) writes:
Interesting, it is a Hitachi 40 pin PIA chip and maybe the Motorolla
part might be easier to source. I have yet to find some place willing
to see just one.

Okay, I risked my neck to get down the Hitachi databook.

The HD6321 is cmos, versus nmos of the 6821. It's supposed to be compatible,
but there might be some cases where it causes a problem. The 6821 should
be easier to get, so it is worth trying.

Michael