DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Suitable power amp replacement(discontinued) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/96319-suitable-power-amp-replacement-discontinued.html)

[email protected] March 23rd 05 08:11 PM

Suitable power amp replacement(discontinued)

Hi Folks,
I have a San Jose CD/MP3 car stereo that I would desperately like
to repair. The part in question is an LA4743B, manufactured by Sanyo.
The part is discontinued. It is a 45W, four channel(bridge) power
amplifier in a 25-pin single-row plastic package(w/integrated
heatsink). I am having a really hard time find this part because it is
discontinued(unless I buy like 300 of them from an overstock locator).
Can anyone recommend a replacement part? I believe these are used in
Clarion head units also. If it helps, the Sanyo datasheet is at:
http://service.semic.sanyo.co.jp/sem.../ENN6630_d.pdf

Thanks so much,
-Jamie K

EastCoastElectronicRepair March 23rd 05 10:24 PM

East Coast Electronic Repair & Sales
Try NTE's site.

[email protected] March 24th 05 12:57 AM

EastCoastElectronicRepair wrote:
Try NTE's site.

That was my first visit, no good. A parts and service center for
Blaupunkt got back with me, they can obtain an LA4347K, not the 'B'. I
can't find a datasheet on the K to do a comparison, but I'm going to
chance it. It's $18, but I paid $280 for the head unit at the time.
Worth the trouble/cost in my opinion.

-Jamie

Franc Zabkar March 24th 05 04:14 AM

On 23 Mar 2005 12:11:43 -0800, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I have a San Jose CD/MP3 car stereo that I would desperately like
to repair. The part in question is an LA4743B, manufactured by Sanyo.
The part is discontinued.

It's still available in Australia for AU$15 (US$12).

- Franc Zabkar

Gary J Tait March 24th 05 02:50 PM

On 23 Mar 2005 12:11:43 -0800, wrote:

Hi Folks,
I have a San Jose CD/MP3 car stereo that I would desperately like
to repair. The part in question is an LA4743B, manufactured by Sanyo.
The part is discontinued. It is a 45W, four channel(bridge) power
amplifier in a 25-pin single-row plastic package(w/integrated
heatsink). I am having a really hard time find this part because it is
discontinued(unless I buy like 300 of them from an overstock locator).
Can anyone recommend a replacement part? I believe these are used in
Clarion head units also. If it helps, the Sanyo datasheet is at:
http://service.semic.sanyo.co.jp/sem.../ENN6630_d.pdf

Thanks so much,
-Jamie K

I would forget about the amp chip, and use and external amp.