Chris F.

Default Panasonic DVD Spindle Motor

Does anyone have a good spindle motor, from any Panasonic or Toshiba DVD
(or DVD/VCR combo), made in 2002? I think it's a 12-V type, and I'm pretty
sure they're all the same. The exact unit is Toshiba, with a chassis
identical to the Panasonic PV-D1734S.
Thanks

Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:54:44 GMT, "Chris F."
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Does anyone have a good spindle motor, from any Panasonic or Toshiba DVD
(or DVD/VCR combo), made in 2002? I think it's a 12-V type, and I'm pretty
sure they're all the same. The exact unit is Toshiba, with a chassis
identical to the Panasonic PV-D1734S.
Thanks

I have a Philips DVD761K/751 player of around that vintage. It uses a
Panasonic laser assembly powered by 7805 and 7809 regulators. The
motor spins, the power supplies are OK, but the unit reports "no
disc". Do you have any photos, dimensions, resistance measurements?

- Franc Zabkar