DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Euro(UK) voltage P991 Dell UltraScan Trinitron can this be jumpered to US voltage? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/95831-euro-uk-voltage-p991-dell-ultrascan-trinitron-can-jumpered-us-voltage.html)

[email protected] March 20th 05 09:47 AM

Euro(UK) voltage P991 Dell UltraScan Trinitron can this be jumpered to US voltage?

I have a UK 240v labeled monitor can this be reconfigured to work on US
voltage without buying a step up transformer?

Gary J Tait March 20th 05 06:22 PM

On 20 Mar 2005 01:47:35 -0800, wrote:

I have a UK 240v labeled monitor can this be reconfigured to work on US
voltage without buying a step up transformer?

It might b eable to, or at least can be slightly re-built to run on
120V, by someone that knows what they are doing.

NSM March 20th 05 09:08 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a UK 240v labeled monitor can this be reconfigured to work on US
voltage without buying a step up transformer?

It may have an internal 120/240 jumper. Be sure to relabel the voltage if
you do this.

[email protected] March 21st 05 04:52 AM

wrote:
I have a UK 240v labeled monitor can this be reconfigured to work on US
voltage without buying a step up transformer?

Study the label on the back very carefully. If it has a specification
on it like "90-240 V 50/60 Hz", then all you should need is a different
power cord (mains lead) for a US socket. If, instead, the specification
says something like "110-120 V / 220-240 V AC" then there is probably a
switch or jumper that needs to be adjusted to make it work. If it's a
switch, sometimes it's accessible from the back panel, and is usually
labeled "110" and "220". If it's a jumper, you'll have to open the
monitor to see it. You might also try dell.com or dell.co.uk and look
at the specifications for _exactly_ your model number.

A local TV shop may be able to help. They should know how to
reconfigure the power supply if it needs it, and they should have a
variable transformer that they can set to 120 V to test with.

Matt Roberds