Old March 18th 05, 06:21 PM
Dave M.

Default Contact cleaner

Other than Electrolub, which can only be purchased in Australia by the case
as far as I know, what is a reliable potentiometer and contact cleaner/lub
and where can I get it?

Thanks,

--
Dave M.

Old March 18th 05, 06:30 PM
Ken Weitzel

Dave M. wrote:
> Other than Electrolub, which can only be purchased in Australia by the case
> as far as I know, what is a reliable potentiometer and contact cleaner/lub
> and where can I get it?
>
> Thanks,

Hi Dave...

If you have Radio Shack stores or an equivalent down under,
then look for a spray can of "tuner control cleaner and lubricant"
Radio Shack's part number is 64-4315

A heads up though; it's a bit pricey imho. 4.5 ounce can is
about 11 canadian dollars. (our dollar is about the same as
yours)

Ken

Old March 19th 05, 07:16 AM
NSM

"Ken Weitzel" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]..

> Hi Dave...
>
> If you have Radio Shack stores or an equivalent down under,
> then look for a spray can of "tuner control cleaner and lubricant"
> Radio Shack's part number is 64-4315
>
> A heads up though; it's a bit pricey imho. 4.5 ounce can is
> about 11 canadian dollars. (our dollar is about the same as
> yours)

They have Rat Shack and Dick Smith.

Old March 20th 05, 03:28 AM
NSM

"Ross Herbert" > wrote in message

> The three major sources of cleaner/lubricant sparay cans in Australia
> are;
>
> Electrolube (OP already knows this)
>
> CRC Industries
>
> Richard Foot
>
> Products from these 3 company's are available from WES Components. I
> can ony leave it up to the OP to make his own decision as to which
> product suits his requirements but I have used the RF64 contact
> cleaner lubricant from Richard Foot without any problems.

I always found CRC 2-26 was good. We bought it in 20 litre drums.

Old March 20th 05, 05:30 AM
Ken Weitzel

Ross Herbert wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:16:21 GMT, "NSM" > wrote:
>

>>"Ken Weitzel" > wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]..
>>

>>>Hi Dave...
>>>
>>>If you have Radio Shack stores or an equivalent down under,
>>>then look for a spray can of "tuner control cleaner and lubricant"
>>>Radio Shack's part number is 64-4315
>>>
>>>A heads up though; it's a bit pricey imho. 4.5 ounce can is
>>>about 11 canadian dollars. (our dollar is about the same as
>>>yours)

>>They have Rat Shack and Dick Smith.

> Yes, but both Dick Smith and Tandy (Radio Shack in US) are owned by
> Woolworths in Australia. Unfortunately, the product lines in the Tandy
> stores are becoming the same as in Dick Smith stores. Whereas once you
> could buy some of the US Radio Shack stores products in the Tandy
> stores out here, no longer is it the case. It is therefore not
> possible to buy the Radio Shack tuner control cleaner and lubricant
> out here.
>
> The three major sources of cleaner/lubricant sparay cans in Australia
> are;
>
> Electrolube (OP already knows this)
> http://www.electrolube.co.uk/docs/contactlube.html
>
> CRC Industries
> http://www.crcindustries.com.au/cata...t?openDocument
>
> Richard Foot http://www.rfoot.com.au/
>
> Products from these 3 company's are available from WES Components. I
> can ony leave it up to the OP to make his own decision as to which
> product suits his requirements but I have used the RF64 contact
> cleaner lubricant from Richard Foot without any problems.

Hi...

Woolworth's still exists in Australia? Here (Canada) it
became known as Woolco many years ago, and then about 5 years
ago was taken over by the durned WalMart.

Sure is getting to be a confusing world for an old guy.
I remember when it was the Tandy Leather Company; a mail
order house in Chicago.

Ken

Old March 20th 05, 05:44 AM
NSM

"Ken Weitzel" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]..

> Woolworth's still exists in Australia? Here (Canada) it
> became known as Woolco many years ago, and then about 5 years
> ago was taken over by the durned WalMart.
>
> Sure is getting to be a confusing world for an old guy.
> I remember when it was the Tandy Leather Company; a mail
> order house in Chicago.

It also exists in New Zealand BUT, it's a totally different company. No
connection whatsoever, just the same name. Down there it's really very like
Safeway here - runs a lot of big supermarkets all over both countries and is
spreading into other areas.