DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   marantz 2250 reciever lamps (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/94328-marantz-2250-reciever-lamps.html)

60's tech March 8th 05 07:38 PM

marantz 2250 reciever lamps

I have some lamps out in the front panel of my marantz 2250 reciever -
I got an led number and source from a post but I'm not sure how to get
at the lamps - it looks like the front panel comes off by 4 hex-heads
on the front - anyone done this before I start tinkering ?

jakdedert March 8th 05 08:09 PM

60's tech wrote:
I have some lamps out in the front panel of my marantz 2250 reciever -
I got an led number and source from a post but I'm not sure how to get
at the lamps - it looks like the front panel comes off by 4 hex-heads
on the front - anyone done this before I start tinkering ?

I don't remember that particular model, but IIRC all the Marantz' of that
period which I did work on required removal of the cabinet in order to
access the lamps...usually four screws; two on each side...maybe one or more
in the back. I'd try that before I started futzing with the front panel,
which usually entails also pulling off all the knobs.

jak

60's tech March 8th 05 10:05 PM

I had the cover off already but didn't see any easy way to get at the
lamps
from inside - looked like major surgery which I'd hoped to avoid

Mark D. Zacharias March 9th 05 01:40 AM

Trying to go in from the front will be even more major. Welcome to the
exciting world of electronics service.

Mark Z.

oups.com...

Chuck March 9th 05 02:39 PM

On 8 Mar 2005 11:38:48 -0800, "60's tech"
wrote:

I have some lamps out in the front panel of my marantz 2250 reciever -
I got an led number and source from a post but I'm not sure how to get
at the lamps - it looks like the front panel comes off by 4 hex-heads
on the front - anyone done this before I start tinkering ?

You need to replace all the fuse lamps, the ones that work now won't
work when you reassemble it. The lamps are accessed from the back.
Move the socket plate backwards and use a hemostat to pull the bulbs
out and a flat headed small screwdriver and hemostat to install the
new lamps. It isn't a fun project but with care it should go ok.
Chuck

60's tech March 9th 05 07:15 PM

Thanks to all for the input -
The unit plays great and I'm reluctant to start moving a lot of wiring,
etc
in something this old so I''ll live with some dead lamps at least for
now -
if/when something else forces me inside I'll take a shot at the lamps