DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fisher TV resistor ID please (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/93666-fisher-tv-resistor-id-please.html)

Floyd Gilmour March 4th 05 07:51 PM

Fisher TV resistor ID please

Hi, I've got a Fisher PC-6525 (chassis G5F65251) there are three large
ceramic resistors (15W?) in the high voltage section that have opened
up and crumbled, no part number available. Anyone have a print to ID
the values? tia k

Jerry G. March 4th 05 09:36 PM

Before things get complicated, what is written on the resistors? Many
times, these have their ohmage and wattage written on them, if they are
large. The smaller ones, generally below 5 Watts, will be colour coded.

In case someone has a service manual for the set, if you post the location
or designation numbers for them, maybe someone can look them up for you.

--

Jerry G.
======

ups.com...

Floyd Gilmour March 7th 05 12:56 PM

I wish I could give more info. The location is in the HV area near the
horiz. output. The ceramic resistors got hot enough for 1 to crack and
crumble apart the other 2 show no signs of ID or it burned off. The
board sustained a high degree of heat and has blackened (but not
charred. The traces appeared ok but I will have to look to see if there
are any readable reference numbers on the trace side, but I doubt it.
If anyone has a schematic that they could look up. I would appreciate
it.