DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   No Video and Squeal on 5206 Terminal (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/92557-re-no-video-squeal-5206-terminal.html)

Richard S. Shuford February 24th 05 04:23 AM

No Video and Squeal on 5206 Terminal

jimcripps*gmail.com wrote:
:
: I've got a 2900-5206 at work, and have been wracking my brains trying
: to determine my next step. This is a repair job, and since we don't
: have one to swap out with, I figure because of the squealling, I would
: need to swap out the Flyback, if I really have to.

Funny that you expect everybody to know what a "2900-5206" is.

I suppose you know that, between vacuum-sealed CRTs and high-voltage
power supplies, there are numerous hazards in working on a monitor.
Some of the hazards are tricky. You would be wise to get help from
somebody who has experience doing this type of work.

But a commonly cited source of advice seems to be the following:

"Notes on the Troubleshooting and Repair of Computer and Video Monitors"

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/....htm#monhpwsfm

I have not tried the described procedures myself, so I can't give much
more help than that. But be careful.

...RSS

--
Prevent bovine juvenile deliquency: adopt a cow today.
http://www.stonyfield.com/HaveACow/

[email protected] February 24th 05 06:13 AM

Well, I'm the guy that needs to fix it, so i turned to myself, and
switched out the board from a 2900-5201-7100, and swapped ICs out.
Everything worked fine after that. Thanks anyways.