DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mitsubishi TV horizontal picture size (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/92382-mitsubishi-tv-horizontal-picture-size.html)

Peter Orban February 22nd 05 06:23 PM

Mitsubishi TV horizontal picture size

Hi Everyone,

I have a Mitsubishi CS21SX1C TV, chassis no: XL-B-CSX1, built in '93.
The TV seems to be over scanning a bit. How do you adjust the horizontal
picture size?
I picked up the TV from a dumpster, it had a bad vertical IC. While
debugging, I built the 0.99$ ESR tester, checked all the caps and
replaced a few in the process.
I did find the vertical size pot, but not a horizontal one.

Thanks for any advice, Peter

[email protected] February 22nd 05 09:50 PM

There is no horizontal size adjustment on 99% of all tv sets 25" and
smaller. It is fixed in the scan components used. You adjust the
vertical for correct aspect ratio with the horizontal.

Peter Orban February 23rd 05 08:47 PM

Now you mention, it makes sense. When I replaced the 7837 vertical IC, I
needed to adjust the vertical size of the picture as it was over
scanning a bit.
I went through again Sam's TV repair faq, I will check the B+ voltage.
Anything else that would cause a bigger picture? Higher HV?

Thanks again, Peter