Jesse

Default Help with my Toshiba TV

I'm not quite sure what model my TV is but I have had it for at least 5
years and the picture has slowly scrunched up to the middle of the
screen. I have read other posted problems that are similar to mine but
i havent been able to really understand how to fit it. Can someone give
me a step by step way to fix the problem?
I will gladly appreciate it if you could. (And just so you know i have
no idea any of the tchnical names of the Tv parts so you will have to
bear with me. Thanxs alot!!

Travis Jordan

Jesse wrote:
I'm not quite sure what model my TV is but
Can someone give me a step by step way
to fix the problem?
i have no idea any of the tchnical names of the Tv parts
so you will have to bear with me.

You may be over your head already. Unless you have some basic test
equipment such as a multimeter and perhaps an oscilloscope, and know how
to use them and how to solder your chances of an accurate diagnosis
followed by a succesful repair are extremely small.

Rubbishrat

"Jesse" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm not quite sure what model my TV is but I have had it for at least 5
years and the picture has slowly scrunched up to the middle of the
screen. I have read other posted problems that are similar to mine but
i havent been able to really understand how to fit it. Can someone give
me a step by step way to fix the problem?
I will gladly appreciate it if you could. (And just so you know i have
no idea any of the tchnical names of the Tv parts so you will have to
bear with me. Thanxs alot!!

Can you be a bit clearer about the scrunched up bit? is it vertical
scrunching or horizontal?
either way the problem sounds like bad caps in either the horizontal
oscillator or the vertical oscillator power feeds.
No disrespect intended, but this isn't really a job for someone with limited
experience.
Pete

Jesse

the picture has scrunched up horizontally-up. I do understand that its
nothing that i can fix but i just didnt want to take it into ta repair
shop and pay $$$ for something small. How much do you think it would
cost for it to be repaired???

kip

Let me see ! $27.12
This Magic Ball is a bit foggy becasue it cant see the Model Number.
Lets have some more info on this TV.

"Jesse" wrote in message
oups.com...
the picture has scrunched up horizontally-up. I do understand that its
nothing that i can fix but i just didnt want to take it into ta repair
shop and pay $$$ for something small. How much do you think it would
cost for it to be repaired???

Jesse

Sorry everyone... but how do i know what model it is??? ill look around
it and i will post it later...

kip

Look on the sticker on the rear of the TV
Thats means you will have to turn it round to get to it OK?

"Jesse" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry everyone... but how do i know what model it is??? ill look around
it and i will post it later...

Jesse

The model number is CF2750K... i hope this helps anyone out there with
my problem

Travis Jordan

Jesse wrote:
The model number is CF2750K... i hope this helps anyone out there with
my problem

Do you know how to solder? Do you have an ESR meter for checking
capacitors?

Jonesy82

check C840=1000/25 AND C842=100/6.3
"Jesse" wrote in message
oups.com...
The model number is CF2750K... i hope this helps anyone out there with
my problem

Jesse

i really have no idea how to do any of this. im more of a computer
repair man than a tv repair man. do you know about how much it would
cost to get this fixed if i take it to a repair shop?

kip

Take it to the repair shop and ask them.

ps.com...