DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need help with wristwatch module (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/90686-need-help-wristwatch-module.html)

BJ February 11th 05 09:59 AM

Need help with wristwatch module

I want to affix a tiny transistor on the circuit board of a watch. I'm simply
replacing a bad one, with a good one I got from another watch module. What is
the best way to make it stay on? Should I use metal epoxy?

Thanks,

BJ

Jerry G. February 11th 05 01:47 PM

You need a very fine soldering tool, with the proper solder.

The best way, is to use the proper soldering station setup.

Epoxy of any kind will not work, and will just make a mess out of it.

--

Jerry G.
======

jakdedert February 11th 05 09:09 PM

Jerry G. wrote:
You need a very fine soldering tool, with the proper solder.

The best way, is to use the proper soldering station setup.

Epoxy of any kind will not work, and will just make a mess out of it.

In a pinch one time, I wrapped a thin piece of wire around the tip of my
soldering iron and used it (as an 'extension/reduction tip) to re-attach the
wire from an inductor in the alarm circuit of my watch. That was many years
ago...I don't think I could even 'see' the wire now. :-(

jak

NSM February 11th 05 11:22 PM

"BJ" wrote in message

I want to affix a tiny transistor on the circuit board of a watch. I'm

simply
replacing a bad one, with a good one I got from another watch module.

What is
the best way to make it stay on? Should I use metal epoxy?

That'll kill it for sure.

BJ February 12th 05 03:58 AM

Thanks for the help. I have done quite a bit of work on watch modules
but this is a lot more intricate than I'm used to. Could you point me in the
right direction for such a tool?

Thanks,

BJ

In article , says...

You need a very fine soldering tool, with the proper solder.

The best way, is to use the proper soldering station setup.

Epoxy of any kind will not work, and will just make a mess out of it.

--

Jerry G.
======

.. .