DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Daewoo TV DTW-28W2-100D (WP-811/CP-810 chassis) has vertical bars (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/90239-daewoo-tv-dtw-28w2-100d-wp-811-cp-810-chassis-has-vertical-bars.html)

Mindakas February 8th 05 12:38 PM

Daewoo TV DTW-28W2-100D (WP-811/CP-810 chassis) has vertical bars

Hello all,
I've Daewoo DTW-28W2-100D 100Hz 16:9 television set, which uses WP-811
chassis (similar to CP-810 in other Daewoo sets). I'm quite happy with
it, but it shows several darker vertical bars which extend from the top
all the way to the bottom of the screen (one is 3 inch wide, others are
narrower), which are very visible on RBG connection, but are also
visible on other sources (antenna input and etc.). These bars are very
stable and move only when changing zoom ratio on TV, and appear
immediately after turning TV on. I've a service manual for this TV set,
and I also have electronics skills, but I'm not quite good with these
highly integrated TV sets. Maybe you know a cure to this problem, which
part is a likely suspect?

Thank you.

Regards,
Mindaugas

Jerry G. February 8th 05 01:38 PM

This is usually caused by decoupler capacitors going bad in the power
supply, and or the horizontal scan circuits. They can be tested with an ESR
meter.

If you are not trained, and equipped to do TV service, you will have to give
the set out for proper service. This type of repair is generally not too
expensive.

--

Jerry G.
=====