DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Optiquest Monitor no HV (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/89102-optiquest-monitor-no-hv.html)

Bert Christensen January 31st 05 01:42 PM

Optiquest Monitor no HV

I have a 19" Optiquest Q95 monitor, model VCDTS21554-1M which has no HV.

The strange thing is that, when it first comes on, there is B+ on the
collector of the Horizontal output transistor. The collector waveform has
the usual well-formed spike with no extraneous smaller spikes which would
indicate a shorted windings in the flyback. The base waveform is also
perfect. But there is not a drop of high voltage.

After about 30 seconds, the B+ shuts down.

I suspect some sort of an open condition in the HV rectifier portion of the
output transformer but have no way of proving this.

Any ideas?

--

Bert Christensen, Toronto, Ontario
web: http://bertc.com

Wayne February 1st 05 01:45 AM

Hi Bert,

There are a couple of simples tests you can subject the FBT to at
http://www.noahtec.com/fbtest.htm

Wayne