DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   IBM G50 Monitor Repair Info Needed - HELP ! ! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/88854-ibm-g50-monitor-repair-info-needed-help.html)

Getafix74 January 29th 05 05:35 PM

IBM G50 Monitor Repair Info Needed - HELP ! !

I have got an IBM G50 monitor, which works well some of the time.
Every once in a while it looses the picture and the screen goes dead.
If I hit it on the caseing just behind the tube then it flickers back
on for about 3 seconds, then goes dead again. Once this happens I have
to wait for it to cool down again, abot 2 hours wait, then I just pray
it works!......sometimes it works, sometimes it don't!!

I have looked around the net and it seems that it may just be a
resistor or bad soldering, has anyone got any ideas? but i'm not sure
how to tackle it!

Can anyone help cos I don't want to get rid of the monitor, and don't
mind having ago at fixing it.....

[email protected] January 29th 05 09:05 PM

I have the case open now, where do I look for the horizontal
hold?.....i have not really done this before! i have had a good look
for loose or broken soldering, but i cannot see anything! Would I be
able to see anything like that? or do I need some equipment?

[email protected] January 29th 05 09:12 PM

I have the case open now, where do I look for the horizontal hold &
power supply?

The little green LED at the front always stays on.....does that mean
the power supply is OK?

Occasionally it makes a really annoying high pitched whining.....does
this mean anything?

Thanks for replying, by the way! appreciate the help!
new at this type of repair !

[email protected] January 29th 05 09:19 PM

I have the case open now, where do I look for the horizontal=AD hold &
power supply?

The little green LED at the front always stays on.....does t=ADhat mean
the power supply is OK?

Occasionally it makes a really annoying high pitched whining=AD.....does