DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   .Denon PMA-860 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/86961-denon-pma-860-a.html)

HiFi January 18th 05 09:25 AM

.Denon PMA-860

Hi There!

I need to know the specification for transformer inside
this Amplifier.(Got one with def. transf.)But no mark on it.

Please,take a look at yours if You got one.

Thanks,

HiFi January 18th 05 07:51 PM

Thanks for Your replays!

I have measured directly on the transformer.
On the Primary side there is 2 windings connected together in serial.
On of these windings are open.
But strange to me is that this transformer has no mark/Stamp on it,nothing.
It has only one number saying 2335989001 and 5.6 N
this is all.The transformer is round,black and in a cast material.
Maybe it is not a Original Transformer?
Anyway i need the specifications for the Original one?

Thanks,

Remove _ for valid address January 23rd 05 08:49 PM

In article , HiFi wrote:
I have measured directly on the transformer.
On the Primary side there is 2 windings connected together in serial.
On of these windings are open.
But strange to me is that this transformer has no mark/Stamp on it,nothing.
It has only one number saying 2335989001 and 5.6 N
this is all.The transformer is round,black and in a cast material.
Maybe it is not a Original Transformer?
Anyway i need the specifications for the Original one?

My approach would be to use the existing working half of the primary
to power up the unit, from a 115V AC source. If you don't have a
suitable 230-115 transformer (or a variac - a continuously variable one)
then perhaps you could borrow one for this purpose.

Powered this way, you can then measure all the secondary AC voltages.
You ought not to run the unit at full power when powered this way, or
at least not for long, as the power rating of the transformer is
effectively halved.

The total VA rating can be estimated quite accurately by comparing the
weight of the transformer with ones of similar style in catalogues.
(Or maybe the unit has the AC input power stated on the back.)

If there are multiple secondary windings, you can estimate the ratio of
their currents from the ratio of the cross-sectional-area of the wires
coming out.

Hope this helps,
Mike.