DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Any northern fig growers here? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/86751-any-northern-fig-growers-here.html)

John Bachman January 17th 05 02:10 AM

Any northern fig growers here?

I am in Southern NH, zone 5b and am considering giving a fig tree a
try. I have read various techniques for babying the tree through our
winters; trenching, covering, bring em inside and plant along a south
facing wall.

I am planning on the latter as soon as I build the wall which has no
other purpose. Then I plan on constructing a cover with ventilation
for winters.

Anyone care to comment on their succesful techniques? Actually,
unsuccesful techniques are worthwhile too - why reinvent broken
wheels?

TIA

John

John Bachman January 17th 05 12:57 PM

Sorry about that. I meant it to go to rec.gardens but clicked before
I looked where I was.

John

The speed of time is one second per second.

James Sweet January 17th 05 06:57 PM

"John Bachman" wrote in message
Sorry about that. I meant it to go to rec.gardens but clicked before
I looked where I was.

John

The speed of time is one second per second.

Oops. I was wondering what relevance this had on the group. Happens
sometimes.