Isaac Wingfield

Default Schematic for Uniden EXP95 900 MHz wireless phone

I'm trying to hack the thing to use a NiCd battery instead of the $20
lead-acid that died.

Any chance that someone has a copy?

Isaac
NSM

"Isaac Wingfield" wrote in message
| I'm trying to hack the thing to use a NiCd battery instead of the $20
| lead-acid that died.
|
| Any chance that someone has a copy?
|
| Isaac

A 900 MHz phone with a lead-acid battery? That's very weird. What country is
this in?

Jerry G.

This is a very big old industrial type of phone from what I can remember!

You are best off with the original battery. The design of the charger
section would have to be modified to accommodate to charge a NiCad battery,
or the Lithium which is different again. The charge current rates for the
different types of batteries are not the same.

Also, there is the question of the amp hour rating, and the average load
conditions, thus having an impact on the amount of time between charges.

As for having the same amp hours in a NiCad, as in the lead acid type, the
lead acid type will give a lot better performance, and better stability.
Lead acid batteries are also more stable over their lifespan, especially
under harsh conditions. If your phone is to be used in cold weather
conditions, the lead acid battery is a much better choice.

If you look in to the newer industrial phone units, they are a lot smaller,
and more efficient than what you have.

As for servicing your phone, only Uniden can service it. They DO NOT give
out or sell ANY service information, such as schematics, and technical
writups. They also DO NOT sell ANY spare parts. You can only buy user
accessories for this phone.

In the future if there is a fault with your phone, as for doing anything
more than the basic service, you would still require the proper test
set-ups, and diagnostics systems to locate the faulty components.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Isaac Wingfield" wrote in message
I'm trying to hack the thing to use a NiCd battery instead of the $20
lead-acid that died.

Any chance that someone has a copy?

Isaac

Isaac Wingfield

In article _tIFd.100249$KO5.90345@clgrps13, "NSM"
wrote:

"Isaac Wingfield" wrote in message
| I'm trying to hack the thing to use a NiCd battery instead of the $20
| lead-acid that died.
|
| Any chance that someone has a copy?
|
| Isaac

A 900 MHz phone with a lead-acid battery? That's very weird. What country is
this in?

California.

Isaac