DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sansui 661 stereo receiver cutting out (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/86021-re-sansui-661-stereo-receiver-cutting-out.html)

Ken Long January 13th 05 12:28 AM

Sansui 661 stereo receiver cutting out

I just wanted to say thank you for this bit of advice. I did what you
suggested and the Sansui has been working reliably since.

Thanks!

Ken

"Pedro English" wrote:

Dry solder joints esp where the output devices connect to the circuit board.
Resolder these and any sus joints.

"Ken Long" wrote in message
.. .
I have one of these that has started to cut out on an
intermittant basis. When the problem shows up, I first hear a
sound like a relay tripping then the speakers cut out then within
one or two seconds the speakers cut back in with a scratchy
thump. It will do this several times in a row sometimes stopping
on its own, sometimes stopping after I work the source selector
switch a few times. Sometimes it won't stop and I have to turn
the unit off for a couple of hours. The problem usually shows up
after I've moved the receiver for whatever reason, like hooking
up a different source or to clean under it.

Any thoughts?

(I also need to find a service manual for it.)

Ken Long
Albuquerque, NM - USA