DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New Toshiba 27 inch Tv has annoying horizontal lines (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/85696-new-toshiba-27-inch-tv-has-annoying-horizontal-lines.html)

Theo January 11th 05 03:26 AM

New Toshiba 27 inch Tv has annoying horizontal lines

Hi! All,
I bought a brand new Toshiba 27AF44; I use regular cable from RCN; and
the Tv has annoying horizontal lines when the picture is viewed from
about 8-10 feet. I tried all contrast and sharpness settings; but these
wont go away.

Anyone with any ideas please respond..Thanks

Theo

Ken G. January 11th 05 04:15 AM

Yes .. go buy a different tv .

Jerry G. January 11th 05 12:16 PM

Call your dealer for warranty service. The CRT may be defective, or there
may be a defect in the blanking circuits, or there may be too high a bias
setting from the CRT bias supply for the G2 feeding the CRT.

I personally would buy a better brand of set!

--

Jerry G.
======

ups.com...

Wildcard January 15th 05 06:49 PM

Theo wrote:

Hi! All,
I bought a brand new Toshiba 27AF44; I use regular cable from RCN; and
the Tv has annoying horizontal lines when the picture is viewed from
about 8-10 feet. I tried all contrast and sharpness settings; but these
wont go away.

Anyone with any ideas please respond..Thanks

Theo

Take it back for a refund. Anything in the Toshiba line
under 36" is just a chinese Apex with a Toshiba lable
on it. The other option is to use a vcr as a tuner and
feed the signal in the A/V inputs. This tends to cut down
on the interference. Even better is get a minidish and
feed S-video into it. That should get rid of most of it.

Bear in mind you will never get a decent picture out of
that model. Just a acceptable one.