DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Headphone Jack problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/85421-headphone-jack-problem.html)

MarkyT January 9th 05 01:36 PM

Headphone Jack problem

My Labtec headphones will no longer work if the plug is pushed all the
way into the jack on my sound card. When it's pulled out a bit, it
works but there is static in the background when there is no audio.

The odd part is that this will happen even with an extension. With the
extension cord plugged properly into the sound card and the headphone
plugged into the extension, no sound. Pull the headphone plug out
slightly on the extension, I get sound.
What is causing this?

Thanks!

Mark