DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KV-32HS500 H-Stat Drifts (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/84844-sony-kv-32hs500-h-stat-drifts.html)

Shoreline Electronics January 6th 05 02:48 AM

Sony KV-32HS500 H-Stat Drifts

Make : Sony
Model : KV-32HS500
Problem : About a year ago we went to a customers house to fix this set for
a mis-aligned H-STAT adjustment. Customer had the set for about a year at
that point and they noticed the picture gradually got blurry/misconverged
over time.

By tweaking the H-Stat we were able to get things back in spec but the
adjustment we did required the pot to be at a fully extended setting.

Just got a call yesterday saying it was out whack again ( 1 year later!).

Some techs had pointed to bad CRTs on these sets........just wanted to poll
the masses again to see if anyone has experienced otherwise for this
problem.

I suppose the only was to rule out the CRT would be to try the chassis on
another set. Unfortunately we don't have another at our disposal to do so
( At least not today!)

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street