DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony Tri-Wing Screw (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/84410-sony-tri-wing-screw.html)

Sam January 3rd 05 09:12 PM

Sony Tri-Wing Screw

I'm trying to fix a Sony PEG, and I'm not having any luck finding the
screwdriver I need. It's a tri-wing, but it's tiny. If it were a
phillips I would call it a 00. Does anyone know where I can find one
of these things? I called all the various departments at sony, but the
highly motivated people who work the phones can't find anything without
a part number.

Thanks,

Sam

N Cook January 3rd 05 10:27 PM

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm trying to fix a Sony PEG, and I'm not having any luck finding the
screwdriver I need. It's a tri-wing, but it's tiny. If it were a
phillips I would call it a 00. Does anyone know where I can find one
of these things? I called all the various departments at sony, but the
highly motivated people who work the phones can't find anything without
a part number.

Thanks,

Sam

About 1/4 down this file of mine
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tips2.htm
How to make one, I couldn't find one either a few years back.
Expensive sets of odd drivers yes bi#ut not just one of the smallest

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse

NSM January 3rd 05 11:36 PM

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/spytechagency/11661.html ???

Sam January 4th 05 10:43 PM

The smallest that set has is a number one. Thanks anyway. BTW, you
can get the same thing on ebay for ten bucks, no cool spy cache' though.

NSM January 4th 05 11:02 PM

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
| The smallest that set has is a number one. Thanks anyway. BTW, you
| can get the same thing on ebay for ten bucks, no cool spy cache' though.

Yes, and there are other web suppliers too. It's a SOB to open some of these
things. I've had to weld up special keys more than once.