DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Beta VCR shuts off (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/83827-beta-vcr-shuts-off.html)

Larry B December 31st 04 05:08 AM

Beta VCR shuts off

I have a Sanyo SuperBeta VCR-7250.

When I put a tape in, the tape completes its "expansion" around that tape
path, but never quite gets tights and the tape mechanism shuts down.

I understand that the 2 likely suspects are the idler wheel and the reel
sensors. I cleaned the idler wheel with no change and I have no idea where
to find reel sensors.. .if this model even has them.

Any suggestions and/or corrections?? Thanks,

Lar

Larry B December 31st 04 03:55 PM

Hi Mark,

The tape pulls in and wraps around the spinning video head and all. It's
just that when the drive motors are supposed to start, they don't and video
section shuts down. Lar

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
Could the loading belt(s) be slipping?

Mark Z.

nk.net...

Colin McCormick December 31st 04 06:44 PM

Larry

Most likely the loading belt is slipping so the deck doesn't
quite see the loading as completed.

I do complete service kits for Sanyo Beta machines, and have
a page full of service info he
http://www.colin99.co.uk/extras/reel...sanyo_beta.htm

Hope this helps,

Colin

Larry B wrote:

Hi Mark,

The tape pulls in and wraps around the spinning video head and all. It's
just that when the drive motors are supposed to start, they don't and video
section shuts down. Lar

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

Could the loading belt(s) be slipping?

Mark Z.