DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LCD inverter replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/83661-lcd-inverter-replacement.html)

Tim Sampson December 29th 04 10:51 PM

LCD inverter replacement

Hi

I think the LCD inverter in my Fujitsu-Siemens laptop is of the
impossible to find type. It's possible that I could send it somewhere
for repair but it's unlikely to be worth spending the money (the laptop
has other problems).

I see that there are plenty of inverters to be had on ebay for just a
few pounds/dollars. Is it feasable to buy a different inverter and just
adapt the connectors as necessary or are the voltages likely to be
vastly different? I suppose the main problem here would be finding out
what the output voltage is supposed to be.

And just in case anyone has a source for the proper replacement, it's
from a Fujitsu-Siemens C1020 notebook and it drives a Hitachi
TX36D70VC1CAF.

TIA for any help/clues
Tim

Art December 29th 04 11:26 PM

These items are normally matched to the specific lamps they are driving.
FYI: get the whole assembly with the operatable lamps so it matched the
drivers specs.

.200...

Jerry G. December 30th 04 12:37 AM

These items have to be matched to the type of lamp it is driving. Many
times, both the lamp and module are changed together, at the factory
service.

I take it you called Fuji, and or Siemens directly to see if you can
have them service the computer for you? I know that they will not sell
the parts to any non-authorized service person, but normaly they will
service the computer for you. At least, it will be serviced with a
warranty of some kind if they do the service on it.

Jerry G.
======