DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   (HP LJ 3300 multifunctiom) laser Printer has a problems (black dots) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/83367-hp-lj-3300-multifunctiom-laser-printer-has-problems-black-dots.html)

[email protected] December 27th 04 10:28 PM

(HP LJ 3300 multifunctiom) laser Printer has a problems (black dots)

Hi All
my laser multifunctionm machine
has a problem showing black or grey dots even on
all-white prints, to see what I mean see this link
it has a descriptive picture of a sample print page:
a href=
http://uploads.savefile.com/users/up...terproblem.gif

http://uploads.savefile.com/users/up...terproblem.gif
/a

is it a toner-cartridge problem or does it need cleaning
does any body know where i can get disassembly instructions
of my machine ( I opened the scanner unit and cleaned it
successfully and fixed a black/yellow-lines problem with
copying/scanning) so you can say I'm comfortable using a screw driver
and repairing things at my own risk)
what I'm looking for is instructions how to open/disassemble
the printing unit i think maybe if I do some cleaning it
will fix the "dots" problem shown in the link above,

has anyone had similar problem with any laser printer
I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions!

[email protected] December 28th 04 01:02 AM

I don't know this exact printer but I just had a Personal LaserWriter
300 in for repair. It uses the Canon engine and was making simular dots
spaced regularly. By stopping the print in the middle of a cycle I was
able to examine the drum in the cartridge. It was damaged in exactly
the shape of the repeating dots. The damage was very severe and needed
a new cartridge.
The guy said his son switched the output while it was outputting. He
then used a knife to remove the jammed paper bits!

Richard