DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Technics ST HD70 cd audio problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/83103-technics-st-hd70-cd-audio-problem.html)

Charlie December 25th 04 03:27 PM

Technics ST HD70 cd audio problem

I have the above system and when Im playing CDs, at a reasonable
volume, after a few minutes of completely normal play, the output
suddenly goes dead!! When I switch it off and on again it works fine
but then the samething happens. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Please let me know.
Thanks Carl

james December 26th 04 11:42 AM

I have a similar problem with a similar machine and suggest it is dry joints
possibly in the D/A circuits,
try testing it with dig out [if fitted] see if the fault is still there.
Tom
om...

hugo_ds July 17th 05 11:07 AM

Charlie Wrote:
I have the above system and when Im playing CDs, at a reasonable
volume, after a few minutes of completely normal play, the output
suddenly goes dead!! When I switch it off and on again it works fine
but then the samething happens. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Please let me know.
Thanks Carl

Carl - I have the same problem with the same system that you have - did
you have any luck with it?
Many thanks

--
hugo_ds