none

Default Low level buzz in cassette deck...

I have a Nakamichi CR-4A stereo cassette deck that has a low level
buzz in the audio output stage.
Anyone here have experience repairing these decks and can point me in
the right direction as to what component to test?
The level is low and constant and the frequency range sounds to be
around 1,500 or so hertz. Not really audible during actual playback of
music but something I'd like to get fixed before it becomes something
worse.
I'm thinking either transformer noise or maybe a leaky cap.
Any info is appreciated.
Mark D. Zacharias

If the noise is really in the 1500 hz range, I would suggest it's more
likely a bad ground in a digital circuit, unless maybe there's a switching
power supply in there somewhere.

Mark Z.

"none" wrote in message
I have a Nakamichi CR-4A stereo cassette deck that has a low level
buzz in the audio output stage.
Anyone here have experience repairing these decks and can point me in
the right direction as to what component to test?
The level is low and constant and the frequency range sounds to be
around 1,500 or so hertz. Not really audible during actual playback of
music but something I'd like to get fixed before it becomes something
worse.
I'm thinking either transformer noise or maybe a leaky cap.
Any info is appreciated.

Stephen Sank

Tighten all of the grounding screws on the circuit boards, especially the ones on the power
supply board, mounted on the top end of the back panel. Common fault with this model.

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
"none" wrote in message ...
I have a Nakamichi CR-4A stereo cassette deck that has a low level
buzz in the audio output stage.
Anyone here have experience repairing these decks and can point me in
the right direction as to what component to test?
The level is low and constant and the frequency range sounds to be
around 1,500 or so hertz. Not really audible during actual playback of
music but something I'd like to get fixed before it becomes something
worse.
I'm thinking either transformer noise or maybe a leaky cap.
Any info is appreciated.

none

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:28:08 -0700, "Stephen Sank"
wrote:

Tighten all of the grounding screws on the circuit boards, especially the ones on the power
supply board, mounted on the top end of the back panel. Common fault with this model.

Many thanks, I'll give it a try.