DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Arcam Alpha ('86) - integrated amplifier problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/81832-arcam-alpha-86-integrated-amplifier-problem.html)

trouble December 16th 04 03:49 AM

Arcam Alpha ('86) - integrated amplifier problem

My Arcam Alpha has recently developed a "balance" problem.

The left channel is noticebly softer than the right. Also, the high
freq. response of the left channel seems lower than the right.

The right channel also has a higher "idle" current than the left
channel.

When I power ON, the right channel "pops". When I power OFF, it also
"pops".

I have tested my speakers (Infinity RS6001) and my CD player
(Consolidated Electronics Broadcast CD Player) and have eliminated them
as problems.

Any ideas?