DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Diagnosing HP ScanJet 2200c (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/81620-re-diagnosing-hp-scanjet-2200c.html)

NSM December 14th 04 06:58 PM

Diagnosing HP ScanJet 2200c

"DaveC" wrote in message
al.net...
| HP scanner is brain-dead. History is that this scanner died during an
| electrical storm. Applying power (outboard supply brick) results in no
| function. Power seems to be at all ICs. Power is good. No visible fuses.

How worth fixing is it? I've bought new ones for $8 after rebates, used for
$1. Is it especially nice?

NM

NSM December 15th 04 11:35 PM

"DaveC" wrote in message
al.net...
| On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:58:23 -0800, NSM wrote
| (in article jJGvd.35013$Ya4.12357@edtnps84):
|
| How worth fixing is it? I've bought new ones for $8 after rebates, used
for
| $1. Is it especially nice?
|
| No, it's not. But I like a repair challenge, and this one needs help.

Given that "History is that this scanner died during an electrical storm" I
would look at anything connected to an external wire. That would include the
power supply. I'd also look to see if I could find a processor, and look for
activity there.