DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   mitac L1450PD monitor black screen (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/81396-mitac-l1450pd-monitor-black-screen.html)

BigTom December 13th 04 09:46 AM

mitac L1450PD monitor black screen

green led on, fuse ok.
the HOT(BU2508DF) was shorted but i cant find anything else.
i usually find at least a leaky cap or shorted diode in
the same area.
is it normal for just the HOT to blow?

Al Savage December 14th 04 05:31 AM

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:46:04 UTC, BigTom wrote:

green led on, fuse ok.
the HOT(BU2508DF) was shorted but i cant find anything else.

Back in the day, I used to see a lot of these.
http://asavage.dyndns.org/Monitors/monitors.html

Q501 BU2508DF HOT
C509 10uf 50v NP
C508 100uf 16v

--
Regards,
Al S.

This OS/2 system ("Tori", W4 FP17) uptime is 8 days 07:40 hours

BigTom December 14th 04 01:16 PM

I removed capacitors C508 and C509. checked esr and also for shorts
with a MM. they check out ok.
I put a new HOT in and connected a 100w lamp across the fuse holder.
Powered it up but the monitor stays in standby mode.
100w lamp lit up bright then went out.
Power cycling click click is there.
Is the lamp stopping the power supply or do i still have a short
in the HOT circuit?
How can i test this without blowing up my new HOT?