DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pls Help - cannot get copy of DVD to work on DVD player (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/81286-pls-help-cannot-get-copy-dvd-work-dvd-player.html)

[email protected] December 11th 04 03:03 PM

Pls Help - cannot get copy of DVD to work on DVD player

Pls Help - cannot get copy of DVD to work on DVD player

I have an Intel HT PC with Windows XP. It has a CD/DVD Reader and
writer. It is fairly new.

I was trying to make a copy a DVD.

After copying the DVD will not work on a DVD player.
It says "cannot play"

However the copied DVD will work on the same PC as well as on another
PC.
Why is that ?

I have used both an erasable DVD as well as a Non erasable DVD. Both do
not work on DVD players.

Can anyone pls help ?

I am not Technical so pls explain in more detail for folks like me.
Thanks'
Ava

t.hoehler December 11th 04 04:15 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Pls Help - cannot get copy of DVD to work on DVD player

I have an Intel HT PC with Windows XP. It has a CD/DVD Reader and
writer. It is fairly new.

I was trying to make a copy a DVD.

After copying the DVD will not work on a DVD player.
It says "cannot play"

However the copied DVD will work on the same PC as well as on another
PC.
Why is that ?

I have used both an erasable DVD as well as a Non erasable DVD. Both do
not work on DVD players.

Can anyone pls help ?

I am not Technical so pls explain in more detail for folks like me.
Thanks'
Ava
Quit copying dvds. They are very cheap, and you get a neat case with them

too. Shop at target, the dvd prices are unbelievable. Cheep cheeep cheep.
and not made in china either. So there Walmart!
tom

Tom December 11th 04 04:45 PM

As stated so eloquently:

Pls Help - cannot get copy of DVD to work on DVD player

I have an Intel HT PC with Windows XP. It has a CD/DVD Reader and
writer. It is fairly new.

I was trying to make a copy a DVD.

After copying the DVD will not work on a DVD player.
It says "cannot play"

However the copied DVD will work on the same PC as well as on another
PC.
Why is that ?

I have used both an erasable DVD as well as a Non erasable DVD. Both do
not work on DVD players.

Can anyone pls help ?

I am not Technical so pls explain in more detail for folks like me.
Thanks'
Ava

Most of the time it is the media you use. Many of the DVD players cannot
read the data from cheaper DVD-R's.

First, try playing the disc in several of your friends DVD players. If it
still won't play, try burning on a better quality DVD-R.

You can find lots of information on the internet about burning DVD's.
Just Google for "burning" "DVD" "copying", and read, read, read!

Hope this helps,
--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau

WEBPA December 11th 04 11:18 PM

You cannot copy a DVD like it is a data disk. Assuming it is not copy
protected (virtually all DVD "movies" are), then you MUST use the DVD movie
copying function of a DVD burning program. I use Nero, and there are several
options from which to select when burning files to a DVD burner. One of them
is "DVD Movie." Your CD/DVD burner software should have a similar option.
Your must use it, because a stand-alone DVD player expects all the relevant
files to be in a specific PHYSICAL location on the disk. And only the "DVD
Movie" option will place the files where they must be. (A computer does not
care about the physical location.)

Pls Help - cannot get copy of DVD to work on DVD player

I have an Intel HT PC with Windows XP. It has a CD/DVD Reader and
writer. It is fairly new.

I was trying to make a copy a DVD.

After copying the DVD will not work on a DVD player.
It says "cannot play"

However the copied DVD will work on the same PC as well as on another
PC.
Why is that ?

I have used both an erasable DVD as well as a Non erasable DVD. Both do
not work on DVD players.

Can anyone pls help ?

I am not Technical so pls explain in more detail for folks like me.
Thanks'
Ava

webpa

[email protected] December 12th 04 08:48 AM

Sounds like a dvd-r, dvd+r situation. That's what I encountered when
first burning dvds. Record it on the computer in -r, home dvd player
can only play +r.

[email protected] December 12th 04 10:43 PM

If You are copying movies,try this link:
http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html