DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   need to repair battery charger (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/81147-need-repair-battery-charger.html)

RB December 10th 04 05:27 AM

need to repair battery charger

Got a defunct 12v battery charger. I need a couple of 50 amp diodes.

1. What PIV should I seek?

2. Where can I find reasonably priced ones in this category? Radio Shack
doesn't have 'em.

NSM December 10th 04 05:49 AM

"RB" wrote in message
. ..
| Got a defunct 12v battery charger. I need a couple of 50 amp diodes.

What package?

| 1. What PIV should I seek?

25 - 50 V

| 2. Where can I find reasonably priced ones in this category? Radio Shack
| doesn't have 'em.

50 Amp?

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...?&item=1N1190A

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...&item=1N1190AR

are 40 AMP 600 VOLT, $ 3.50 each.

or

for 50 AMP.

RB December 10th 04 06:53 AM

Perfect. Thanks.

[email protected] December 10th 04 04:02 PM

Or you could pull them from a junk alternator. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.

NSM December 10th 04 06:41 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
| Or you could pull them from a junk alternator. Lenny Stein, Barlen
| Electronics.

Depends on the package. Press fit would be a PITA.