DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Viewsonic E790 "wiggles" (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/81129-viewsonic-e790-%22wiggles%22.html)

Adam Hunt December 9th 04 06:01 PM

Viewsonic E790 "wiggles"

I have a Viewsonic E790 CRT that gets to wiggling (for lack of a better
term). The picture rapidly moves side to side a millimeter or two. It
doesn't do it all the time and it doesn't seem to matter if it is warm
or cold. It's done this occasionally for the four years that I have
owned it. Originally I assumed it was due to "dirty power" in the
apartment complex that I lived in but I recently moved and it still
does it. It must not be the power as even when I have it plugged into
its own 1400 VA APC UPS it happens. It isn't too annoying when surfing
the web but when doing CAD work it's more then a little distracting.
--adam