WatchDog

Default TV repair : problem of jumping images

Hello everybody !
I'm looking for some online resource (i.e. a general TV repairing guide,
for instance) to enable me to fix my TV, where images are recurrently
jumping on the screen, adding at some moments some black space on the
top of the screen, and then this nil space is on and off and on...
Rather disturbing. Can help me ?
Thanx.
JB
john

Please the Make and Model of TV.

kip

WatchDog

john wrote:
Please the Make and Model of TV.

kip

That's a Brandt.
Chassis IKC2, Model 51203T.
And, if it can help, it is made in Spain.
Thanks indeed.
JB
john

I dont know the Make or Model but look for bad solder connections on the
PCB.
kip

Glenn Gundlach

WatchDog wrote in message ...
Hello everybody !
I'm looking for some online resource (i.e. a general TV repairing guide,
for instance) to enable me to fix my TV, where images are recurrently
jumping on the screen, adding at some moments some black space on the
top of the screen, and then this nil space is on and off and on...
Rather disturbing. Can help me ?
Thanx.
JB

Just a wild assed guess-- poor low frequency response of the video
section causing distortion of the vertical interval, usually from a
bad electrolytic coupling capacitor. The vertical jumping from this
would be program sensitive in its early stages. Bright white fields or
dark black (usually not both conditions) causes loss of vertical lock.
Is that the symptom?

GG