DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is there a product to fix broken circuits printed on plastic? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/78328-there-product-fix-broken-circuits-printed-plastic.html)

Fred Mann November 23rd 04 07:55 AM

Is there a product to fix broken circuits printed on plastic?

Hello,
I am a novice when it comes to these kinds of things, so I may not know the
correct terminology.
Anyway, I have a treadmill with a clearly broken "circuit", just beneath one
of the buttons which you press to control the speed. The break is very
small, and is on one of the two pieces of plastic which comes together when
you press the button. This circuit is just "painted" on the plastic piece
which is very flexible (a sort of rubbery plastic).
Is there a product out there that I can use to "repaint" this line?
Thanks,
Fred

Fred Mann November 23rd 04 08:57 PM

Thanks!

"Ol' Duffer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
I am a novice when it comes to these kinds of things, so I may not know

the
correct terminology.
Anyway, I have a treadmill with a clearly broken "circuit", just beneath

one
of the buttons which you press to control the speed. The break is very
small, and is on one of the two pieces of plastic which comes together

when
you press the button. This circuit is just "painted" on the plastic

piece
which is very flexible (a sort of rubbery plastic).
Is there a product out there that I can use to "repaint" this line?

Look for a "conductive ink pen". The ink contains finely
powdered metal whose particles are drawn together tightly
by a binder that shrinks slightly as it dries. Make sure
the surfaces are squeaky clean before applying.