DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   1989 Sears LXI TV (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/78278-1989-sears-lxi-tv.html)

Steve Smith November 22nd 04 10:11 PM

1989 Sears LXI TV

My 87 year old granny has this TV. While playing with the remote she
inadvertently has caused the TV to go into a "sales floor mode" where its
tech info scrolls down the screen in multi colored array. This is driving
her nuts. I have unplugged the set for over one hour and tried many
basically random button pushes to end this mode with no success. I have
looked on the net and called Sears, again no luck. I guess this probably a
Korean made TV, but not sure which company.
Can anyone help with the secret to ending this advertising mode? Thanks for
any replies.

JURB6006 November 22nd 04 11:43 PM

Try holding down vol+ and vol- at the same time (on the set, not the remote).
I'm not sure how long, 15- 30 seconds should do it if it's the model I think it
is.

JURB